Look out for our February/March special offer for schools in Squamish
Please read our notice for CLAYTIVITY studio users!COVID-19 policy
CLAYTIVITY is a great activity for children and adults of all ages and abilities.
We provide the clay and everything needed for one to two hours of CLAYTIVITY.
Each step is carefully demonstrated. Then everyone gets just the right amount of clay and time to work on that part of their project.
We guide everyone through the process of making a complete project out of clay in two or three steps.
We’ll also bring a pottery wheel and give a throwing demonstration.
Afterwards, we take the projects away, fire them in our Kiln and return to you within 3 weeks.
Invite your group round again to paint their projects with you or collect to take home and paint!
CLAYTIVITY classes are excellent value starting at $150 per class, and project ideas fit in well with any current curriculum area, subject areas, big ideas or learning theme a teacher may wish to support.
What happens in a CLAYTIVITY class?
Classes begin with a 10 – 15 minute presentation
- Project idea introduced
- Talk about a few facts about clay
- Demonstration of the magic of throwing on a potter’s wheel
Each student makes their own project during a 60 – 90 minute class
- Instructor gives 2-3 detailed easy to follow step by step instructions
- Students work on their own project after each step
- Clay and all materials supplied by %1\$s
After the class
- Projects taken away, dried out and bisque fired by CLAYTIVITY
- Projects returned to the classroom within three weeks
- Students can paint their bisque fired projects with their teacher