Make this fun coil pot bear or animal of your choice!
Seals are part of a group of sea mammals with sleek, stream lined ‘fusiform’ shaped bodies, ideal for spending most of their time in the water and a thick layer of blubber helps to give this shape.
Did you know?
- A sea lion has 40 – 50 whiskers! Each one has its own muscle and nerve tissue. They are sensitive to water pressure and are Important for finding food and detecting fish, feeling and navigation.
- Seals have Ear flaps or pinnae just like our ear flaps which helps to direct sound into ear canals
- They can rotate their flippers just like oars helping to make them into great swimmers. A seal can swim 6 to 8 mph.
- Seals can run faster than humans can walk even though they spend most of their time in water.
- Seals do not have any toe nails even though the bone structure of their flippers is very like our arms and hands.
Make a scene from Howe Sound – you can add dolphins, orcas, bears, birds, seals, mountains, the Sea-to-sky Gondola, waves, boats etc.
To finish paint, thread a ribbon through the holes and hang on the wall.
Make a model of your pet!