Here is what you need to set up. Don’t worry, it’s not as complicated as it looks!
- Add value to the students’ experience with stories, background information or work related to the project.
- Ask students to come in clothes that don’t mind getting a little clay on them!
- Forewarn the janitorial staff – the floor may need a little extra attention afterwards!
- Please provide name badges or label for each student.
- Water to ‘glue’ components of clay together.
Instructor will provide clay, tooth picks, small water containers and mats for students’ use
- The instructor will need a sturdy table where the students can watch and follow instructions, with access to an electrical outlet, for short throwing demonstration on a portable wheel.
Instructor will cover this work area with a drop cloth.
a clean-up plan!!!
- Place finished projects in trays provided by instructor,
- Return toothpicks, water containers, unused clay to the instructor’s table
- Please rinse working mats rinsed and place in one pile by sink.
- Wipe down tables/work areas and wash hands thoroughly. Avoid throwing muddy clay/water down the drain! Use A bucket of water!
- Consider assigning a mop and sweep up task.